The Curated Take
The Blaze 106 is a lightweight, all-wood touring ski that keeps true to Volkl's top-notch carving performance while really excelling in the light snow and on ascents. The Rocker/Camber profile is paired up with tons of other Volkl tech to create a ski that's easy to turn and floats like a gem, but doesn't shy away from wet/heavy snow or bad conditions any more than it loves the steep and deeps! Here in Southeast Alaska, we ski sea-level to summit, so our conditions vary a ton and we require equipment that can keep up with the best and deepest dumps, as well as the rain. The Blaze became my daily driver 3-years ago for just that, and never has disappointed. While the skis will keep you from railing down groomers at 100mph, they'll get to top speed and stay stable there even on icy slopes; and for everything else, you won't think twice about taking the Blazes out.
- Fifty/Fifty Touring and Resort Use
- Amazing versatility in varying snow conditions and terrain
- Lightweight and playful ski that's as fun on the powder and it is in the crud
- Tips can chatter a bit in icy conditions
- Not the lightest touring ski out there
- Topsheet is durable, but thin
The Völkl Blaze 106 Skis are the ultimate choice for freeriders looking to take on any terrain. With a width of 106mm under the boot, these skis offer unparalleled stability and control in even the deepest powder.
- Unmatched Stability: The Völkl Blaze 106 Skis feature a wide design that provides exceptional stability and control on any terrain.
- Versatile Performance: These skis are perfect for freeriding, with a design that allows them to handle deep powder, steep slopes, and everything in between.
- Durable Construction: Made from high-quality materials, these skis are built to last season after season.
- Easy Maneuverability: The lightweight construction of these skis makes them easy to maneuver and control in any condition.
- Unbeatable Style: With their sleek design and eye-catching graphics, the Völkl Blaze 106 Skis are sure to turn heads on the mountain.