Smith Maze Helmet
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a winter sports expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
The Smith Maze helmet is a great option for skiers and boarders who prioritize simplicity over features. Without any adjustments for ventilation or sizing, the Maze is one of the most straightforward yet stylish helmets on the market. Keep in mind that if you run hot or cold, the ventilation (or lack thereof) may impact your comfort. If you're tried on helmets in the past and found that you need a lot of adjustability, this may not be the right fit for you. However, if it does, it's a 10/10 in comfort!
- Clean, simple design
- Great value
- Limited adjustability
- Non-adjustable ventilation
The Smith Maze is an ultralight, minimalist helmet for someone seeking a featherweight design and safe performance.
- Self-Adjusting Fit – The elastic adjustment system is lightweight and requires zero effort to work.
- Ventilation – Strategically-placed ventilation controls airflow and keeps warm air away from goggles.
- Light Construction – The low-profile design offers strong impact protection in a lightweight package.
I love my Smith Maze. It fits well with my jacket, it keeps my head nice and toasty warm. It is not super ventilated, and if I keep my goggles on my head, the vents up front fog the goggles. I typically don't do that though, and there's no issue.
- Brain protection
- Not well ventiliated
- Fogs goggles sometimes
I think this helmet is great for someone who is looking for a low profile design. It fits perfectly under jacket hoods. The interior is super soft and comfortable. The helmet has two vents up front, and tends to be on the warmer side. You might run into fogging if you put your goggles up on top of your helmet. It seems like all of the instructors I teach with have this helmet in various colors, so there's something for everyone! All in all, it's a great option for the price!
- Simple design
- Soft interior
- Vents will fog goggles if the goggles are up on the helmet
- Non-Smith goggles tend to fit awkwardly
- Chin cushion strap sometimes has a mind of its own, and will flip over
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations