The Curated Take
I set out this year to find a board that is both playful and snappy, while also providing great edge hold, and I found it. The No Drama can thank it's super long effective edge for it's great grip on ice (this also means that the board rides long). The edge/camber profile combo means that the stall points for pop are farther towards tip and tail, for that reason I ride it with slightly wider stance angles. Not the easiest to butter or press, but I have taken myself off guard with the height of ollies and nollies. While described as a full camber board, it has a distinctly flat feel between the feet, giving it a skate-y feel. This thing climbs side hits, spins on a dime and is even responsive enough edge to edge that I've raced on it. Despite this stick's ability to throw big in the park, it lends itself well to freestyle all over the mountain. It does not take a lot for this board to lock into a tight carve, especially on hard pack. For that reason, I also wouldn't recommend this board for riders who are still working on more basic points of edge control, because it could be catchy. All of those great points aside, this is not my board of choice for powder days, springtime slush or tree riding, simply because it can be easy for it to get hung up on uneven terrain.
- Tight carves down groomers
- Spins, rotations and deep drop-ins
- Ollies and nollies with a pop that will surprise
- Not the best for choppy/chunder-y conditions
- Rides long
- Difficult to fully press and butter
The Salomon No Drama Snowboard is the perfect choice for women who demand high performance in the park. Designed with input from Maddie Mastro, this true twin board features Quad Camber and a versatile flex that allows for precise take-offs and landings. The Popster Booster technology provides natural flex underfoot with an added snap, while Royal Rubber Pads placed in the sidewall ensure a smooth ride on firm days.
- Quad Camber design ensures maximum pop and stability.
- Versatile flex allows for precise take-offs and landings.
- Popster Booster technology provides natural flex underfoot with the added snap.
- Royal Rubber Pads placed in the sidewall ensure a smooth ride on firm days.