The Curated Take
The Frontier is an excellent all around shredder. It offers a fun, playful ride while still being capable big mountain board. It floats well in couple feet of powder, but isn't the best when it gets super duper deep. The medium flex and camber zone between the feet makes it nice and lively. Riding switch isn't too bad either if you center mount the bindings.
My only complaint is I wish they made it in a 154. I opted for the 152, which absolutely rips in the trees and tight, technical terrain. I love the 152 for a lot of the riding that I do, but a little bit more length would allow me to get longer carves, more speeding, more solid landings, and more float in powder.
- This board is an excellent all around resort board.
- Excellent for tree riding
- Super playful, fun ride that is also capable of aggressive charging
- No taper, could float better in deep powder
The Jones Frontier Snowboard 2023 is the ultimate daily driver for the playful all-mountain shredder. This directional freeride board features a floaty, freeride nose, and a freestyle tail, making it perfect for pow days, park days, and everything in between. With its Directional shape, Directional Rocker profile, and Traction Tech 2.0 edges, the Frontier provides confident stability when riding through tech terrain or rough snow. The spooned nose+tail edges on the 3D Contour Base 1.0 reduce edge to catch and make it easy to turn in tight terrain.
- Traction Tech 2.0 edges provide added grip on hardpack snow.
- Spooned nose+tail edges on the 3D Contour Base 1.0 reduce edge catch and make it easy to turn in tight terrain.
- Sintered 8000 base, Eco-plastic topsheet, and Classic Core provide high performance without skimping on materials.