Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
This board is a great time! I normally like to ride directional freeride boards but got into riding switch this year. First ride on the Jones Mind Expander Twin had me thinking "What have I been missing?!". This board really made me feel like a little kid again and made me start wondering if I could do a trick off that rock in front of me. This board works great as a freeride board but also unlocks the next level of being a park/freeride board. This board surfs the powder well, but you will need to lean back a little more compared to a pow board. This board slashes snow well because of the thicker waist width/tip and tail width. This board also turns on a dime and has a surprisingly small side cut to help dig into groomers or powder. If you are the type of person that loves boosting big side-hits, backcountry jumps, or spinning whenever you are airborne, this is the board for you.
- Riding switch in the powder.
- Ripping tight turns (small sidecut radius).
- Great for hitting side hits and popping off every feature possible.
- A little bit of a softer board that struggles at speeds of 45 mph+.
- This is a pow specific twin, not to be confused with a pow board.
The Jones Mind Expander Twin Snowboard is a hybrid Surf Series model that combines the playful, easy-going board feel of the Mind Expander with the freestyle performance of a directional twin shape. This snowboard has a fun-loving personality defined by its friendly flex, tight sidecut, Christenson Surf Camber profile, and 3D Contour Base 3.0. The blunted twin shape and 3D Contour Base make riding switch and buttering pow extra easy while the narrow sidecut and Surf Camber profile offer snappy turn response. With Flax/Basalt Stringers and Traction Tech 3.5 edges for a damp ride and confident edge control on chop or ice, this snowboard is perfect for riders who love to bounce down the mountain hitting every terrain feature in sight.
- Hybrid Surf Series model blends playful board feel with freestyle performance.
- Blunted twin shape and 3D Contour Base make riding switch and buttering pow extra easy.
- Narrow sidecut and Surf Camber profile offer snappy turn response.
- Flax/Basalt Stringers provide damp ride while Traction Tech 3.5 edges ensure confident edge control on chop or ice.