The Curated Take
I have had this board for a few years now, and it is exactly what you're looking for in a go-to board. While Jones doesn't use the term "quiver-killer" to describe this board, I find myself reaching for it pretty much every single day in all varieties of conditions.
This board is perfect for adventuring into just about every corner of the resort. It is poppy and playful when bringing it into the park and looking for side hits, but it can also hang when it's time to shift up a gear and ride more technical black and double black terrain.
I even rode this during a full moon night in the backcountry when snow wasn't very deep, and it was incredible.
Overall, in a category full of boards vying to be your "tackle everything" board, this is up there amongst the very best!
- Perfect for taking on every single run on the mountain
- The flex allows it to feel playful yet tackle all terrain
- Profile is simple, yet effective
- Not a ton of bite to the edges in really icy conditions
The 2023 Jones Mountain Twin is a true-twin cambered ripper that will feel at home anywhere at the resort. The Mountain Twin comes with V-Core, which is slightly softer between the bindings for improved maneuverability, and stiffer in the nose and tail for stability and pop. This board is playful enough to butter and cruise on the mellow days, and firm enough to support hard charges all over the resort. The true twin shape makes it perfect for jibbing, park jumps, and launching off of side hits.
- Sintered 8000 Base – A material made from Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene and carbon; Incredibly durable and insanely fast.
- 3D Contour Base 2.0 – 3D base contour features a 4mm spoon bevel in the nose and tail, designed to create effortless turning, increase float in powder, and help reduce drag.
- Forever Flex – Jones breaks in all of their boards using a special machine that mimics aggressive riding. This stabilizes the flex of the board so that it feels the same on day 100 as it did on day 1.