Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Rossignol Blackops 118 might be the best powder ski on the market for resort powder days. Anyone who has skied at a busy resort on a powder day knows you only get 1-2 runs of untracked fresh powder before it's all cut up. The beauty of these skis is they are very heavy and damp, allowing them to just blow through those pockets of choppy snow an hour into your powder day. I fell in love with them when I picked up too much speed going into some choppy snow, and they just stayed totally composed.
Normally, a ski this heavy would be hard to maneuver, but since they have a more center mount, their swing weight feels totally manageable and gives them a more playful, almost park-inspired energy to them. The Blackops also have a surprising amount of camber underfoot, which means they handle better than most skis this wide on firmer terrain, and that means that even when you need to take a groomed run back to the lift or more powder, you can still lay down some great carves. The camber also gives it a little more pop-off jumps.
This ski is perfect for anyone tired of getting bumped around in chopped-up snow after the initial powder day rush. It is also fantastic for some powder day jibbing around the mountain due to its symmetrical shape and close-to-center mount.
- Resort powder days
- Playful in powder
- Very stable in choppy snow
- Very heavy
- Mount point is close to center
The Rossignol Blackops 118 Skis are the ultimate tool for progressive freeride performance. With a solid construction and playful design, these skis are perfect for floating and smearing through even the deepest powder. The lively wood core provides the power needed to get creative on any terrain, while race-developed construction ensures stability and control in all conditions.
- Progressive Freeride Performance: The Blackops 118 is designed to excel in all freeride conditions, from deep powder to steep chutes.
- Solid Construction: These skis are built to last with race-developed construction that provides stability and control when it counts.
- Playful Design: The lively wood core gives these skis a playful feel that encourages creativity on any terrain.
- Wide Width: With a wide width, these skis provide ample floatation in deep snow while still maintaining stability on hardpack.
- Versatile Performance: Whether you're hitting big jumps or carving up groomers, the Blackops 118 can handle it all with ease.