The Curated Take
No matter who you are, if you spend time outside in cold weather, Smartwool's Classic thermal merino base layer is for you. It's warm and comfortable on the skin, thermoregulating so you never feel overheated when working hard, and antimicrobial to stay funk free after extended use.
It's backed by Smartwool's Go Far. Feel Good guarantee, a testament to the confidence of the durability of the product. I've had this base layer for going on 6 years now and have put it through every use and abuse that skier might do to it. It never once has had threads start pulling, gotten a hole in it, or shrunk in the dryer.
The main purpose of a base layer is to fit close to your skin, wick away moisture and keep you dry. It's arguably your most important layer on your upper body when you're skiing because even if you have the warmest jacket in the world on, if you wear a cotton t-shirt that gets wet with sweat, you're still going to end up cold. Regardless of the temperature, I'm perfectly comfortable with this under my layers.
This timeless piece is very accommodating towards all body types and gives a flattering fit with it's classic lines. As someone with a stockier build, I can be self-conscious when a shirt fits tight to the body and this shirt never makes me feel like it's showing off my belly. I'm even confident to wear it stand alone around town.
- The wool is soft and comfortable on the skin all day long
- I've been in this shirt for over 6 years and it's still in perfect condition
- Aesthetically, the classic crew cut is so attractive that I am happy to wear it as a stand alone shirt as well as baselayer
- This layer isn't going to dramatically compress when packing it but it's hardly a concern in most situations
Stay warm and comfortable during your winter adventures with the Smartwool Men's Classic Thermal Merino Baselayer Crew.
- Slim fit design for a streamlined look.
- Interlock knit fabric made from 100% Merino wool for enhanced comfort, breathability, thermoregulation, and odor resistance.
- Shoulder panels eliminate top shoulder seams for added comfort.
- Flatlock seam construction minimizes chafing during activity.
- Garment Weight: 276 g = 9.74 oz