Dakine Men's Titan GORE-TEX Insulated Mittens
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an Expert
Ask an apparel expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
- Ask your own question
This mitten is not flashy or fancy. If you need a mitten with lots of bells and whistles and all the latest gadgets and tech, maybe look in the higher price ranges. Where the mitten excels is covering all your basic needs. The liners are warm and super functional. The mitten is waterproof in all but the more extreme conditions. Mittens are super warm in comparison to most gloves. The best feature with this mitten is by far the awesome liners. They're quality liners with nice grips and good touch screen fingers. I'd buy the mitten again for the liners alone. All in all, a really good value option
- A simple 2 piece mitten great for warmer/spring weather
- Great liners gloves that have grips and touch screen compatible fingers
- GORE-TEX makes the mitten better than most in waterproofing
- Not much insulation. Not good for cold days below 20 degrees F
- Pretty basic mitten with few special features. Goggle wipe isn't very functional and palm material is grippy but not durable
- They're reasonably waterproof in snow, but rain and wet snow will soak through the mittens easily.
DURABLE, DEPENDABLE, AND DOWN FOR WHATEVER, WHENEVER. Down for whatever, the Titan GORE-TEX Mitt features a water repellent and durable shell, backed by a GORE-TEX insert with Gore Warm that bolsters warmth and waterproofing. A removable Storm Liner glove is touch screen compatible, providing a frostbite-free means to keeping up with the crew, not to mention ease of drying after a long day. A Rubbertec palm means rugged durability and confident grip. The external water-resistant zipper stash is ideal for securing a locker key and cash and doubles as a heat pack pocket when the thermometer plummets.
- PALM: Rubbertec (100% Non P-PVC)
- CUFF CLOSURE: One hand cinch gauntlet
- FEATURES: External waterproof zippered stash pocket / heat pack pocket
- Nose wipe thumb panel
- Removable wrist leash
The Dakine Titan Gore-Tex mittens are a super great value for a high quality durable snowboard mitten. Also included with the mittens are a thin pair of fleece gloves that are great for adding additional warmth or for backcountry touring. In the past I have used mittens from Kinco, Howl, Arcteryx, Black Diamond, and Hestra. The Dakine Titan has now become my favorite pair of mittens, they are simple and do everything I need them to do in a lightweight package. The other mittens I own and use have a liner that is removable which I have always found is nice for drying, however the Dakine mittens have dried out fine without having a removable liner and never pull off separately. The leather on the palms of my other mittens has always been torn after a tight tree run or low carves, after 15 days of aggressive riding the Dakine mittens look like new.
- These mittens are extremely warm and ready for any conditions below freezing.
- Durable and tear resistant
- Gore-tex fabric has stood up to the wet Pacific Northwest winter
- The cuff of the mitten could be a bit longer and rides up a bit.
When it comes to mittens there is only one real thing that matters: Does it keep the users hands warm and dry when needed? For this mitten I would say that the answer is a resounding yes. At the price point these come in at I think that these are a really great choice for someone who wants a mitten that is warm but not too costly. My only complaint on these mittens is that I found they were a bit too warm for me when it was around 25 degrees and sunny with little wind. For many users they may find that this is never an issue for them. These mittens also come with touch screen compatible liner gloves that can be worn inside the mittens for extra warmth and to be able to manipulate gear without bare hands out in the wind.
- This is a great product for anyone who wants a very warm and waterproof mitten without breaking the bank.
- These are a very comfortable mitten that feels nice inside whether using the included liners or not.
- These mittens come with liners included that are touch screen compatible.
- For some users who run a bit warm, this mitten may be a bit too warm for spring days.
Is this right for you? Chat with an Expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations