POC Obex MIPS Helmet
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a winter sports expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
This is a well-constructed, understated helmet that strikes a balance between style and protection. I struggled to find a helmet that both looked good and was comfortable to wear no matter the temperature or conditions, but this one knocked it out of the park! Everyone knows spring skiing can be a bit unpredictable in terms of weather and some good ol' slush. With adjustable ventilation (toggle) and removable ear pads, I was able to comfortably go between dry and cold conditions to the spontaneous showers and subsequent humidity in mid-spring Vermont weather. Cannot recommend this helmet enough!
- Easy to adjust ventilation slits on top
- Easily removable ear pads make it comfortable and versatile
- One of the most stylish helmets out there - understated with a solid, classic build
- Ear pads can make a slight "whistling" sound when at speeds and not facing straight ahead.
The POC OBEX MIPS® Helmet offers ultimate comfort thanks to lightweight protection and ventilation, ideal for all-mountain skiers and snowboarders. The OBEX helmet is built with an EPS Foam Liner, and an ABS outer shell, to reduce weight and provide durability and security where it counts. The helmet features MIPS® technology for enhanced safety protection, a 360º Fit System for liner adjustability, and adjustable vents for comfort when the weather changes.
- MIPS® Technology – The Multi-Directional Impact System (MIPS) decreases brain trauma in case of impact, by reducing rotational forces and helping to disperse impact energy.
- 360º Fit System – An easy-to-use ergonomic dial at the back of the helmet allows the rider to adjust the liner for a secure, comfortable fit.
- Adjustable Vents – An easy-to-use switch opens or closes sliding vents to help better regulate temperature and improve the airflow of the helmet.
Over the years, helmets have become a standard accessory for any enthusiast who's looking to get out on the mountain. Whether you are brand new to the sport or have been riding for years, a helmet is just as essential to your success on the mountain as gloves, or goggles, or a jacket and pants. The helmet is the modern day American Express card: don't leave home without it. Often times skiers and boarders will say, I don't need it because I don't get crazy. Well, you also know who didn't get crazy? That would be Ted Kennedy and he died because he skied into a tree well and wasn't wearing a helmet. You only need to use a helmet one time and it will save your life, but you need to wear it every time so that it can save your life. Not only will a helmet save your life, but the POC Obex Helmet is warm, snug and your goggles attach directly to it. That means, when you're jamming down the hill and hit a patch of ice and wipe out, you won't 'yard sale it.' All your head gear will be firmly attached to your head. Helmets wear out, they get old, cracked, used and abused. If you're considering whether to buy a helmet or not, buy one. If you want to look sharp and feel comfortable on the mountain, buy the POC Obex MIPS helmet. Your brain will thank you later.
- Snowboarder or Skier who wants ultimate protection and comfort combine with style.
- Snowsports. Ski. Snowboard
- Dome protection. You've got one brain; protect it with the highest quality gear available.
- It looks and feels awesome. Getting on the mountain without looks foolish.
- Only Cons with this helmet, come from not putting it on.
- It feels so good and is so lightweight, it's easy to forget it's up there.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.