Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Burton Cartographer is a great, fun board! The extended tail and very short tail enable the nose to absolutely float like a dream in deep powder. I first took this board to Whistler, BC and was unimpressed on the slick, icy conditions. However, the next that was a 12 inch powder day! Wow did it perform well! Perfect for blasting off of cliffs into soft landings. I truly was impressed by the performance of what some would call "a budget" board. I have no regrets purchasing the Burton Cartographer!!
- Fun board to hit aggressive carves with
- Flotation in deep powder
- Great freeride board that can still rip groomers
- Significant amount of flex
- Chatter in the nose during high speeds
- Not good in icy conditions
The Men's Burton Cartographer Snowboard is the perfect blend of all-mountain freedom and pow-slashing big mountain stability. Built with a wider nose, tapered tail, and medium flex, this board allows the camber board to plow through crud, float in deep powder, and keep it playful all over the hill. This board is best suited for the rider looking to make deep carving turns, dig trenches, and blast through the powder.
- Directional Twin Shape – This all-mountain directional shape means this board has a wider and longer nose, and a shorter tail, allowing easier float and control of the board.
- Bend/Profile – This board features a camber bend/profile under both feet for stability, and a rockered nose for added lift to increase float.
- Board Mount – This board features Burton's Channel Board Mounting system for the most precise riding stance.