Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
I would recommend this wedge to the mid to high handicap players who are looking for a wedge that spins a ton around the green. The raw face really grabs on to the ball and promotes maximum spin. The tungsten weight is a new feature to the Callaway wedges and it helped optimize the center of gravity to increase feel and improve forgiveness, even though it is not designed to be the most forgiving wedge. There are four different grind options that are offered and each grind is very different, which makes this wedge able to fit many styles of golfers. Both color options, chrome and black, look great and cater to the look that any player desires.
I would not recommend this wedge to a scratch golfer in a stock setup because the swing weight was very light and it really takes away from the feel. Paired with an upgraded shaft and built to a player's specific swing weight, this wedge would then be fantastic for a low handicap player.
- Raw face provides maximum spin around the green
- Sounds pure
- Offered in chrome finish and black finish
- Very light swing weight
- Entire face rusts, including the toe area that does not have grooves
The Callaway Jaws Raw Chrome Wedge delivers a large array of low to high-handicap golfers a forgiving wedge with 17 different loft and bounce combinations to specifically fit each player's wedge game. Aggressive grooves and a raw face, along with four grind options in the soles, work with tungsten weight in the higher lofted wedges to provide maximum spin control and powerful forgiveness, instilling confidence in whoever puts these in their bag.
- Four Grind Options – Meticulously ground soles create four attack options at impact to accentuate or protect against various player attack angles, provide tactical approaches to each golfers wedge shot techniques, and work ideally in various turf types.
- Offset Groove-in-Groove Technology – Giving players incredible control over the flight of the golf ball, razor sharp milled micro-grooves within the grooves are positioned at a 20 degree angle, imparting maximum spin even when opening the clubface.
- Tungsten Weight Ports – Variable length hosels and the use of tungsten weight in the sand and lob wedges allow for ideally placed center of gravity behind the face, producing impeccable forgiveness and trajectory manipulation.
- Raw Face – A raw, non-plated finish on the club face allows for rusting over time and preserves spin in damp conditions, while a muted toe pad works to reduce glare at address.