The Curated Take
The Taylormade Kalea golf ball is a budget ball for the weekend golfer. It is a very average golf ball, but for its $20 / dozen its a great deal if maximum performance isn't what your looking for. The ball's distance is solid as it averages very close to other top of the line golf balls, but struggles to spin around the green, doesn't have great alignment features, and isn't the most durable golf ball on the market. Overall its a great buy for the value!
- The distance with the Kalea balls is on par with its competitors and was averaging around 275 yards on my drives
- The ball did spin on approach shots from distance which was a plus
- The glossy look is cool and has a shiny finish to it that glimmers in the sun
- The durability isn't great and the alignment arrows / line isn't fully connected so it isn't easy to line up on its own
- ENGINEERED FOR YOU - Every golfer deserves a ball designed to match their game. Kalea is engineered with women golfers in mind and made to promote greater lift and more distance while maintaining a soft feel.
- BUILT FOR DISTANCE - The high-energy REACT™ core is engineered to deliver maximum distance off the tee. It is designed to retain energy and works in conjunction with the two-layer construction to provide optimal driver launch at moderate swing speeds. An aerodynamic 342 dimple pattern helps maintain lift to promote added distance.
- SOFT FEEL & GREENSIDE SPIN - The ionomer cover with an extra-large core generates a soft 60 compression for enhanced feel and responsive short game performance. The UV resistant matte paint on the Peach and Purple models provides added visibility and unique aesthetics.