The Curated Take
The Salomon Warden is a work horse of a binding that will hold in an aggressive skier taking on everything the resort has to offer. At the same time, it's perfectly suited for the beginner skier taking it slow and captiously. The 3-11 DIN range has plenty to offer at the both ends of the spectrum with a smooth an reliable release when needed. I myself am an expert level skier, with a propensity to explode out of bindings at my top power, even when they're cranked up to their maxes. However, I never have that issue with the salomon wardens even in the 11 DIN. I always stay solidly connected to the ski.
Salomon bindings are known for a loud satisfying click when you step into the binding, letting the skier know they are secure to the ski. The heel pieces are durable and robust, offering durability that Salomon's old Z10 and Z12 series did not. The forward pressure is easy to see and set with ample travel to adjust to wider range of boot sole lengths than most bindings in it's class.
The toe pieces of the bindings offer excellent contact with the boot and have more elastic travel than most, giving the skier a lot of wiggle room to stay in the binding when picking up the pace in the moguls and terrain park. However, after a lot of use and abuse, the plastic housing of the DIN window has a tendency to crack around the toe.
- The Salomon Warden stays locked in for aggressive skiing and has a reliable smooth release when needed
- MNC - MultiNormalCertifed Binding can take any boot on the market.
- The Warden has excellent power transfer for everything on the mountain
- The plastic of the DIN window on the toe piece has a tendency to crack with aggressive use
- The 11 DIN might not be enough for heavy and aggressive skiers
- This binding is one of the heavier 11 DIN bindings
The Salomon Warden MNC 11 Ski Bindings are the perfect choice for those seeking freeride performance. These bindings are compatible with every boot-sole norm on the market, making them a versatile option for any skier. The wide toe-piece and mounting pattern provide superior power transmission, allowing you to drive wider skis with ease. Whether you're hitting the backcountry or carving up groomers, the Warden MNC 11 delivers exceptional performance.
- Compatible with all boot-sole norms: Designed to work with every type of ski boot sole on the market, providing maximum versatility.
- Wide toe-piece and mounting pattern: This design provides superior power transmission and allows for better control over wider skis.
- Freeride performance: Ideal for modern freeride and all-mountain skis, delivering exceptional performance in any terrain.
- Durable construction: Made from high-quality materials, these bindings are built to last season after season.
- Easy to use: With a simple design and easy-to-use features, these bindings are perfect for both novice and experienced skiers alike.