Shun Classic Blonde Bread Knife 9"
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a knife expert a question about this product
- Do I need to sharpen a bread knife?
- Can you show me a cheaper option?
- Can I see this for more than bread?
- Can you show me a more premium option?
- How does this compare to other brands?
Product Information After a chef's knife and a paring knife, some cooks say that the knife they cannot live without is their bread knife. If you are looking for a new bread knife, this blonde-handled version of Shun's Classic Bread Knife is a beautiful choice. Don't ruin a fresh loaf of bread by squashing it beneath the blade of a dull knife. Instead, use the wide, serrations of the Shun Classic Blonde Bread Knife to simply glide through crusty or tender bread. The undulating serrations provide the power you need to gently saw through a crusty loaf without tearing the tender interior. And it works equally well on very soft breads and even pastries.
- Slice tender or crusty breads with no ripping, squashing, or tearing
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting, single-bevel 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped blonde Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this bread knife, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations