Get fast, free advice from an Expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I've had a chance to test this jacket in a wide range of conditions both as a stand-alone jacket and as a midlayer under a performance shell. When I first got the Glissade I tested it out in above-freezing drizzle and fog in the Catskills, And the DWR (durable water resistance) treatment exceeded my expectations by keeping me dry underneath. And, In colder temps I've worn it as a very comfortable midlayer under an uninsulated shell. I'd want something warmer in truly frigid temps (under and uninsulated shell)- but for anything in the 20s and up, the Glissade is a great choice.
During a relatively hike-heavy day in Montana, I realized that I would have preferred a more breathe-able mid layer, but my lack of hiking fitness cannot be blamed on the Sypder Glissade, nor is it intended for heavy backcountry pursuits. And, the Glissade has become my go to for walks around town in above-freezing temps where an 800-fill puffer is overkill.
In short, I'd suggest this jacket for anyone looking for a synthetic insulated midlayer that bridges the gap between a full down sweater and a lighter fleece. And it does that admirably.
- Great stand alone jacket for temps in above-freezing temps for active pursuits.
- Excellent as an insulating layer under a shell for temps above 20F.
- In-bounds skiing or wearing around town -- in dry conditions or even light rain.
- Not as breathable as fleece or wool for highly aerobic activities.
- Might Want a warmer mid-layer for truly frigid temps
Featuring 60G of lightweight, packable, quick-drying PrimaLoft® black eco insulation, the Glissade Hybrid Insulator Jacket is a versatile layer that can be worn on its own or can be combined with any ski kit to add warmth and functionality. Downproof Polyester coated in DWR seals out moisture while a stretch polyester provides movement where you need it most.
- Downproof Polyester Plain Weave with Matte Finish and DWR
- Stretch polyester double weave fleece features durable water Repellent (DWR); delivering a refined, yet highly functional look
- PrimaLoft® Silver ECO insulation (60g)
- Reverse coil front and hand pocket zippers
- Double weave fleece and insulated panels in strategic locations maximize warmth without adding bulk.