The Curated Take
The Norrona Lofoten Gore-Tex Pant is designed for skiers who get out on the skintrack no matter what the weather forecast may say. I used the Lofoten Pant for both backcountry touring and resort skiing, and it protected me from moisture during what came to be the snowiest winter on record in Utah. The 3-Layer Gore-Tex was ample defense on even the snowiest days; even in dense snow, the water beads onto the fabric and simply rolls off as if it was never there. The Lofoten is best suited for touring, though, as its lack of insulation is ideal for when the legs get toasty, and large vents on the back of the legs allow for ample air flow on spring days. And I loved the Lofoten's more baggy fit, which is much more comfortable for earning turns. My major complaint with the Lofoten was the front leg pockets, where I broke one of the zippers halfway through the season. It's not a necessary component for the pant to operate, but it was a bit annoying. Also, I used the Lofoten for inbound skiing as well, and the lack of insulation was noticeable on very cold days. But overall, the Lofoten is a great option as a touring pant for skiers earning their turns right when the snow is falling!
- Burly 3-Layer Gore-Tex pant wards off even the wettest weather.
- Being simply a shell pant, the Lofoten is a great option for a backcountry/touring pant.
- Articulated knees and a baggier fit make for a very comfy and roomy feel, allowing lots of movement.
- The Lofoten Pant has zero insulation, so it does not provide a lot of warmth.
- The zippers on the front leg of the pants can break with repeated use.
- Being a full Gore-tex pant, the Lofoten can capture a fair amount of moisture inside.
The Norrona Men's lofoten Gore-Tex Pants are the perfect addition to your winter sports gear. These pants are designed with articulated knee construction and gusseted crotch for maximum mobility and comfort. The high waistband in the back provides extra coverage, while the integrated snowgaiter keeps snow out of your boots. The phone pocket inside the right thigh pocket ensures that you can stay connected on the go, while the reinforcement fabric inside ankles adds durability to these pants.
- Articulated knee construction for maximum mobility
- Cargo pockets with YKK® water-resistant zippers keep your belongings safe and dry
- Gusseted crotch for added comfort
- High waistband in the back provides extra coverage
- Integrated snowgaiter keeps snow out of your boots