Callaway Golf Jaws Raw Chrome Wedge
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
These wedges are great for anyone looking to generate a great amount of spin around the green, in bunkers, and even 75 yard approach shots. The biting power these wedges give is outstanding, among the best. They give you the opportunity to be aggressive in your chips or flops and can really put it close and trust that the ball will stick. Insane forgiveness and very easy ball flight make these wedges stand out versus competitors. While there are 17 loft and bounce options, they really fit a wide array of players and course conditions to really help you tailor your bags wedges to what you need on your home course.
- 50 yard half swings can bite hard
- Tight bunker lies have giving great spin
- Biting power in flop shots
- Weight can be light comparing to MG wedges or Vokey Wedges
- Raw face means will stay dirty looking, even trying to clean them.
- Spin can almost be too high sometimes
PURE SPIN IN ITS RAWEST FORM
Jaws Raw brings raw scoring performance to your wedge game. Featuring the most aggressive grooves in golf, with a raw face that promotes maximum spin. For the first time ever, Callaway is bringing tungsten technology to a wedge, for a weight-balanced club that offers both feel and control. These new technologies are balanced with the craftsmanship honed from Roger Cleveland’s 40+ years of designing some of the most sought-after wedges in golf
FEATURES & BENEFITS
TOTAL SPIN MACHINE
Takes spin and control to new levels. We've combined off-set groove-in-groove technology with the most aggressive groove in golf for a controlled "one hop and stop" trajectory.
WEIGHT BALANCED DESIGN
The first Callaway wedges with Tungsten, on the sand and lob wedges, which we use to center the CG for control and feel. Variable hosel lengths and weighted toe pads help to control trajectory and enhance forgiveness.
We've removed the plating on the face, which exposes the groove edge for maximum friction and spin. This also allows for rusting over time in the scoring, without impacting playability. The premium look is maintained across the rest of the clubhead.
The Callaway Jaws Raw wedges are for everyone. The many difference variety of bounce and grind options makes it so there is a model out there for the scratch golfer all the way up to brand new golfers. Players that like to get a little creative around the greens and manipulate the club face should go for the X and Z grinds. The players that want the most forgiveness and that like to keep the club face closed at impact should gear more for the S and W grinds. Very pleases with the performance of all of these wedges.
- Feel: The tungsten weight adds stability, control, and feel.
- Esthetics: The appearance at address really fits the eye.
- Performance: Each grind performs exactly how Callaway invisioned.
- Raw Face: I am a fan of the raw face but only in the grooves section of the face.
Overall I was very impressed with the wedges. I was able to test out multiple bounce and grind options and honestly, I liked all of them. The raw face has a great feel to it and creates tons of spin around the greens and on full shots from the fairway as well. These wedges would be good for any golfer besides someone that is brand new to the game. Otherwise they would be great in any golfers bag.
- Great spin on all shot types with these wedges
- Multiple bounce selections to fit any golfers needs
- High quality forged feel off of the face
- Some people may not like the raw face rusting over time.
- Newer golfers would benefit from a more forgiving cavity back style wedge.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear