Mizuno ST-X 220 Driver
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- How do I choose the right loft?
- How do I choose the right flex type?
- How do I choose the right shaft?
The Mizuno ST-X 220 Driver is designed for many mid-handicap golfers looking for extra spin and launch from a driver built to produce a high, draw bias ball flight. Stabilizing weight in the back and heel of the driver maintains ball speed from off-center impacts, putting players deep in the center of the fairway with more consistency.
- Optimized Wave Sole – Along with a multi-thickness CORTECH design and forged SAT2041 Beta Ti Face material, Wave Sole technology optimizes ball speeds across the face for dependable distance.
- High Draw Flight Bias – Placing weight deep in the heel of the driver reduces side spin from producing a slice-miss, enabling a straighter ball flight.
- Slightly Rounded Profile – A rounded 460cc head volume construction also isolates vibration patterns for a forgiving and solid feeling driver.
- Quick Switch Adjustability – Hosel adjustability with 4 degrees of loft tuning enables golfers to magnify their desired ball flight for consistent tracking to the center of the fairway.
Our community of experts are ready to help you find the right gear
A confidence inspiring, draw-biased driver with heel focused weight location. The ST-X will appeal to players seeking a higher, right to left ball flight. With higher spin rates than its ST-Z counterpart, the ST-X will suit moderate swing speeds, needing help producing a more extended ball flight. A new 20-gram heel biased back weight creates a deeper center of gravity for more efficient, longer drives more often.
The ST-X delivers your optimum 'more often' through exceptional stability from off-center strikes. An expansion of the carbon sole area by 40% and thinning out the Titanium portion. Alongside a new doubling of the stabilizing heal/back weight.
Highly resilient Forged SAT2041 Beta TI Face: Maintains its characteristics and resists micro-fractures longer than the commonly used 6-4 Ti. Elevated through a multi-thickness CORTECH design for increased ball speeds.
High Draw Flight Bias: Mizuno's X-Axis design - weight is focused deep in the heel, encouraging a higher draw bias flight.
Slightly Rounded Profile: A rounded 460cc volume for higher launch and mid spin performance.
Engineered for 'Solid' Feel: Mizuno's Harmonic Impact Research identifies and isolates vibration patterns that elite players associate with preferred 'solid' feel. Knowledge of exact, preferred vibrations allow Mizuno to build sound into the design.
Optimized Wave Design: Delivers an additional contribution to ball speeds, particularly from low on the club face.
Quick Switch Adjustability: With 4 degrees of loft adjustability to fine-tune launch and trajectory.
High Draw Bias, quick switch adjustability within 4 degrees strong or weak, ball speed control thanks to Wave Sole tech, and Harmonic Impact tech to engineer a solid feel when swinging! Lowest it goes is a 10.5, but can be adjusted to an 8.5 as well! Draw Bias helps with forgiveness and distance, and offsets the slice! Going to completely eliminate the block and keep the ball in the fairway!
Most golfers who want extra distance and have some extra help in reducing their slice. The draw bias of this club will help straighten out the ball flight while also helping correct mishits. This club has exceptional stability which will help with off center strikes due to the weight in the back of the clubhead.
In the past few years Mizuno has really stepped up their driver game, this being a prime example. The Mizuno ST-X 220 is a slightly draw-biased driver and it offersw more forgiveness compared to the other models in the line.
Players who want to straighten out their slice and gain consistency off the tee
players who could benefit from the extra yardage / roll of a draw bias flight