Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife, 8"
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
The Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife is a true masterpiece in the world of culinary art. This top-of-the-line knife is crafted from the most precious materials, including a potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel that is protected by 100 layers of steel. The innovative ice-hardening process used to create the CRYODUR blades ensures long-lasting sharpness, while the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability. The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle, which not only looks exquisite but also feels ergonomic in your hand.
- G2 micro-carbide powder steel: This high-quality material forms the potent core of the knife and ensures exceptional sharpness and durability.
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile: The authentic thin Japanese blade profile allows for precise cuts and effortless slicing.
- Hand-honed using Honbazuke process: Each knife undergoes a three-step Honbazuke process to achieve an edge with a 9.5 to 12 degree angle for maximum sharpness.
- CRYODUR blade: The CRYODUR blades are ice-hardened to Rockwell 63, ensuring long-lasting sharpness and durability.
- Flower Damascus design with katana edge: The beautiful flower Damascus design not only adds aesthetic appeal but also provides added durability to the knife's exterior.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle: Made from prized Karelian Birch wood, this handle looks exquisite and feels ergonomic in your hand.
- Rounded spine and heel: The rounded spine and heel provide added comfort during use.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan: Each Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife is handcrafted in Seki, Japan by skilled artisans who take pride in their workmanship.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this chef's knife, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations