Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Zwilling Pro 2.75” bird’s beak peeling knife is a specialized blade that’s highly effective at what it’s designed for. The blade is extremely sharp and made from high-quality steel, allowing it to cut closer to the peel, preserving more of the fruits’ flesh. It also fits nicely around large pits, like those of peaches or plums, making halving them ergonomic and easy.
However, due to this specialization, the knife isn’t particularly versatile. It’s not great for slicing, though I’ve had success with getting very thin slices of apple or peach – so long as I started off with a smaller piece to begin with.
The small size of the blade means it struggles with cutting through larger pieces of fruit or vegetables. I end up keeping a larger knife handy when using this one for that reason. This is partly from a few attempts to cut bigger pieces of apple, resulting in the knife slipping and getting its tip wedged in the cutting board.
When my vegetable peeler broke, this knife shone – it was much easier to peel potatoes and carrots with it than with a standard pairing knife. It’s also my go-to for peeling apples or peaches to make pies or cobbles. It did a good job halving cherries, too – as the curved blade slid around the pit – when I made a cherry pie.
Overall, for those who want a knife for peeling, coring, or detail work, Zwilling makes an excellent tool.
- Excellent for peeling apples, peaches, and vegetables.
- Great for halving drupes such as peaches and plums, as the curved blade fits nicely around the pit.
- Works well for coring strawberries and tomatoes.
- The pointed tip can get stuck in the cutting board if the knife slips.
- It can slice, but it's better to have a second knife handy.
The Zwilling Pro 2.75" Bird's Beak Peeling Knife is the perfect tool for peeling potatoes, fruits, and vegetables with ease. Designed in Italy by Matteo Thun and made in Germany by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels, this knife is the result of 280 years of experience in knife making and rigorous study of how knives are used. The unique curved bolster supports a professional pinch grip for safe cutting and less fatigue while encouraging cutting with improved precision, safety, and comfort.
- Curved bolster encourages cutting with improved precision, safety, and comfort
- Made from Special Formula High-Carbon NO STAIN stainless steel that is ice-hardened to stay sharper longer
- Precision-honed blade ensures ideal cutting angle for sharpness and durability
- Full tang construction provides superb stability while triple-riveted handle offers a comfortable grip
- Dishwasher safe but hand wash recommended