Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
This chef's knife would be perfect for someone wanting to dip their feet in the world of Japanese knives. It is a great gift to give your friend studying culinary school or who cooks gourmet meals at home from Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It is a great all-around utility knife and can replace a pairing knife, boning knife, and slicer all in one. For a Japanese knife of its caliber, it is very durable. While it does get very sharp, it does require some maintenance to maintain its sharpness. I would recommend sharpening this knife every 6-8 weeks and using a honing steel several times a week. The handle is made from metal, which makes this quite unique. It does take some getting used to, but once you break it in, I think you will find it quite comfortable like I did.
- Super durable
- Can be made very sharp
- Great all around utility knife
- The metal handle takes some getting used to
The Global Classic Chef's Knife is the ultimate kitchen workhorse, designed to handle all your mincing, cutting, chopping, slicing and prep work with ease. This knife is constructed of a single piece of steel with a unique convex edge for unsurpassed performance. The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called CROMOVA 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for GLOBAL®. It has been ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees which holds the razor-sharp edge of the blade longer than any other steel. The hollow handles are filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver perfect balance.
- Single-piece construction with unique convex edge for superior performance
- Hollow handles filled with sand provide optimal balance and control
- Made from premium CROMOVA 18 stainless steel for long-lasting sharpness
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56 - C58 degrees for maximum durability
- Ergonomic stainless steel hygienic handles offer comfortable slip-resistant grip