Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
Select a configuration to see prices from other sites. See a lower price? Let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife is a true masterpiece in the world of culinary art. This top-of-the-line knife is crafted from the most precious materials, including a potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel that is protected by 100 layers of steel. The innovative ice-hardening process used to create the CRYODUR blades ensures long-lasting sharpness, while the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability. The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle, which not only looks exquisite but also feels ergonomic in your hand.
- G2 micro-carbide powder steel: This high-quality material forms the potent core of the knife and ensures exceptional sharpness and durability.
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile: The authentic thin Japanese blade profile allows for precise cuts and effortless slicing.
- Hand-honed using Honbazuke process: Each knife undergoes a three-step Honbazuke process to achieve an edge with a 9.5 to 12 degree angle for maximum sharpness.
- CRYODUR blade: The CRYODUR blades are ice-hardened to Rockwell 63, ensuring long-lasting sharpness and durability.
- Flower Damascus design with katana edge: The beautiful flower Damascus design not only adds aesthetic appeal but also provides added durability to the knife's exterior.
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle: Made from prized Karelian Birch wood, this handle looks exquisite and feels ergonomic in your hand.
- Rounded spine and heel: The rounded spine and heel provide added comfort during use.
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan: Each Miyabi Birchwood SG2 Chef's Knife is handcrafted in Seki, Japan by skilled artisans who take pride in their workmanship.