The Curated Take
I'm an all mountain/freestyle snowboarder and tend to run quite hot, as I'm constantly hitting park features, side hits, and natural features. I purchased the Volcom Men's Longo 2L Pullover before the season started in 2022. I was looking for a jacket with a relaxed fit, no insulation, and a stylish design. This jacket checked all the boxes for me. The first day I wore this jacket, the weather was warm and sunny, with early season Colorado conditions. I immediately noticed the comfort of the relaxed fit, as I was warming up with some dynamic carving, moving side to side and up and down freely. I also got the hike the terrain park quite often, to hit some jumps, boxes, and rails. This is when I really started to heat up. The zippered pit vents provided an easy way to let the heat out and stay as cool as possible when exerting myself. When the cold and powder came along, there was plenty of room to add layers. However if the snowfall was particularly wet, the shell did start to soak up some of that moisture, since the 10k waterproofing is quite average. Overall, this is my favorite jacket, thanks to the fit, style and versatility for most winter conditions. Highly recommended for snowboarders and skiers of all ability levels, especially freestyle and park riders.
- The fit is nice and relaxed, making it very comfortable and stylish.
- The 2L shell is versatile and easy to layer up when it's cold, or wear it on it's own when things start to heat up.
- Volcom Zip Tech allows to zip the pants and jacket together to keep the snow out.
- Not the most waterproof.
- No other pockets besides the zippered pouch.
The Volcom Men's Longo 2L Pullover is the perfect jacket for men who want a versatile and comfortable lightweight jacket for warmer days or street and park riding. Designed with input from pro rider Arthur Longo, this jacket is made with V-Science 2-Layer Supreme Twill fabric and Volcom's Breathable Lining System to maximize comfort as well as temperature and moisture management. The Longo Pullover features an adjustable powder skirt, self-encased elastic cuff system, brushed tricot lined handwarmer pockets, pocket access hem cinch, specialty ticket ring, and a warped Volcom patch.
- V-Science 2-Layer: The V-Science 2-Layer construction of the Longo Pullover provides superior protection against the elements while maintaining breathability.
- V-Science Supreme Twill w/ Non-Fluorinated DWR: The Supreme Twill fabric used in this jacket is durable yet lightweight. It also features a non-fluorinated DWR coating that helps repel water.
- Zip Tech® Jacket to Pant Interface: This feature allows you to connect your jacket to your pants for added protection against snow and cold air.
- Oversized Hand Pockets: NEW oversized hand pockets provide ample space for storage or warming up your hands on colder days.
- Toggle Cinch Hood: The toggle cinch hood allows you to adjust the fit of the hood for maximum comfort.