Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I bought the Smith Code helmet last year and have absolutely loved it. It’s light and not as bulky as other helmets, so it fits well under hoods. I took all the padding out and really like how simple it looks. That being said, this helmet is really really simple. Size adjustments are limited, and the vents don’t close. The vents are on the back, though, so no rain or water comes in through the top. The front vents keep the helmet breathable and are made in a way that your brain doesn’t freeze when cold air blows in. This helmet is also equipped with MIPS and provides all the safety you need, skipping the frills.
- More like a skateboard style helmet
- Removable earmuffs and padding
- Equipped with MIPS protection
- Lacks a BOA for adjustment
- Not as many vents as other Smith helmets
- Not super warm
The Smith Code is a low-profile, stylish helmet constructed with the latest safety features for top-tier performance.
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System – MIPS allows the frame of the helmet to move without applying torque to the head, minimizing the risk of neck injuries.
- BOA 360 Fit – The BOA adjustment system reduces pressure points.
- AirEvac Ventilation – Warm air is moved away from goggles to prevent fogging.
- Aerocore – Aerocore construction brings in cool air and removes warm air to keep your head from overheating and your goggles clean.