Get fast, free advice from an Expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
Working in a ski shop, I live in my bibs and continue to purchase the Avalon series for their functionality. Specifically, the straps and zippers are placed in such a way that I don't have to undress to use the restroom and the straps never slip off my shoulders. Other upsides of these pants: particularly breathable and flexible compared to my other Gore-Tex items. They come in a variety of lengths and the fit has been tailored down in the legs compared to the softshell version, so you're not swimming in them. The seams are fully taped and the zippers have also been improved upon, they always stay up even if you don't clasp the other closures. Now for the downsides: these are shell pants, so there is almost no insulation. The waterproofing is closer to a high level of water-resistant; I stay dry in slush and light rain, but water will soak through if I land in a puddle. These are perfect for warm slushy days, West Coast bluebird days and apres ski, but I would not recommend for weather under 15 degrees unless you're prepared to heavily layer.
- Flexible but tailored fit
- Not 100% waterproof
- Need a base layer beneath
GORE-TEX bibs with the fit of your favorite high-waisted overalls. Cold, stormy weather comes and goes. The trusted comfort and weatherproofing of the women's Burton Avalon GORE-TEX 2L Bib Pants are always with you. Cut for the same fit as your favorite high-waisted overalls, these fully waterproof and breathable bib Pants are your ticket to ride in any weather. They're decked out with on-mountain features like mesh-lined vents and a drop seat for smooth transitions on the mountain.
- Regular fit is just right: Not too tight or too baggy
- GORE-TEX two-layer polyester plain weave fabric is windproof, waterproof, breathable, and durable: It's the versatile solution to staying warm and dry while moving outside; GORE-TEX fabric is GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY
- Offers breathability for medium-intensity activities with moderate sweat management for quick-drying comfort with the durability of a GORE-TEX membrane for reliable weatherproofing. Zip vents enhance breathability during more intense activity and in warmer conditions.
- Flat suspender-strap closure for a secure fit
- Elasticized center back panel with plenty of stretch
- Zippered drop seat; Mesh-lined, no-snag inner thigh vents
- Microfleece-lined hand-warmer pockets, zippered chest pocket, and hook-and-loop closure back pockets
- Bluesign® approved materials use only safe chemicals and reduce impact on both humans and the planet during manufacturing