The Curated Take
These bindings are great for what they cost. I bought these bindings and liked the performance, but comfort on long days did not live up to my expectations, so I put them on a board I lend to Friends. The toe caps and the straps are comfortable and adjust quickly and easily, but the foam underfoot compresses after part of a day, and you can feel the contours under your feet. They are good bindings. When compared to other bindings at a similar price, they are stiffer and more durable. I can feel good about lending this equipment to a friend so they can enjoy a day of riding safely. When I travel, I put these bindings on a board I want to ride for part of a day so I don't spend so much time moving sets of bindings from board to board. Any skill level can get a good experience with these bindings. They are good for carving and turns on groomers, they provide control to land tricks in the park but are a bit stiff. Mostly, I use these on a dedicated powder board, so they are great in powder. The highback angle adjuster is not very user-friendly, so I just leave the highbacks vertical. There are other more adjustable options out there, but I haven't had any issues fitting these bindings to a variety of sizes. I recommend these to my friends who ride fast for a few hours a day.
- Great Value
- Short days
- Spare bindings
- Uncomfortable for long days
- Fairly Stiff
The K2 Formula Snowboard Bindings are the ultimate all-mountain freestyle bindings that can handle any terrain with ease. These bindings are designed by the mad scientists at K2 and are preferred by global pros and amateurs alike. The Formula is built on a Profusion™ Chassis, which is a mid-to-stiff flexing fiberglass-filled-nylon construction that provides support and cushion for big tricks in the park and steep lines. The AT Nylon highback is responsive with just the right amount of flex, featuring Gap Eraser™ forward lean adjustment to customize your board's response.
- Profusion™ Chassis: Mid-to-stiff flexing fiberglass-filled-nylon construction provides support and cushion for big tricks in the park and steep lines.
- AT Nylon Highback: Responsive with just the right amount of flex, featuring Gap Eraser™ forward lean adjustment to customize your board's response.
- Custom Caddi™ 3D Ankle Strap: Padded for supreme comfort and security when consequences are high.
- PerfectFit™ 2.0 Toe Strap: Hinges to fit any snowboard boot toe profile for comfort and fast response.
- Power Ramp: Adjustable to evenly match your boot outsole, combined with a 3º cant built directly into the chassis creates a natural riding position for big landings, solid take-offs, and even balance on all terrain.