Orvis Battenkill Spare Spool
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Ask your own question
There has been a long and historically successful line of Battenkill reels through Orvis history. Simple, trouble free, and easily accessible in price-the ultimate in function and simplicity throughout the years. Welcome to the powerful, technologically advanced, and yet still accessible new generation of Battenkill reels. This latest Battenkill Disc version is true to its heritage in looks and performance, but updated with the latest in design improvements and a significantly more powerful drag. The porting and finish pay unmistakable homage to the Battenkills of the past, but this reel incorporates our best-selling mid-arbor design. Underneath that mid arbor is the same sealed drag system found in the Hydros SL incorporating six interacting carbon and stainless drag surfaces. Positive click drag is simple and easy to adjust. The reel is built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin handle and changing from left to right hand retrieve is simple. In black nickel.
· NEW mid-arbor design
· Technically superior sealed-drag based on the Hydros
· Ported jewel finish
· Battle-tested performance, remarkably accessible price
· In sizes I through IV
· Battenkill Disc I for line weights 1-3, 4.4 oz., 2¾" diameter
· Battenkill Disc II for line weights 3-5, 4.6 oz., 3" diameter
· Battenkill Disc III for line weights 5-7, 4.9 oz., 3¼" diameter
· Battenkill Disc IV for line weights 7-9, 5.9 oz., 3½" diameter
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations