The Curated Take
The union ultras are the perfect bindings for an all-mountain rider that does a good amount of freestyle or just the all-mountain rider that likes a more forgiving binding! The lateral play in the baseplate gives a nice, forgiving feel in the park, but the mid-stiff flex and duraflex baseplate still give the ultras a nice feel all over the mountain. They will feel surfy in powder, but can still rip a turn on groomers. Going deep on landings or hitting harsh terrain/ choppy snow doesn't phase these bindings, they do a great job of absorbing impact instead of transferring through to the boots. Union bindings are known for their durability and quality, and the ultras are definitely up to that standard! Don't be afraid to ride these every day, expect them to last a long time without needing any hardware replacements.
- The ultras have alot of extra tech in them to make them more comfortable and to help reduce foot fatigue.
- The stage 11 ASYM baseplate does a great job of absorbing chatter and hard/deep landings.
- The ultras really shine in the park, the lateral play helps give them a forgiving feel
- These may be a bit more than mid flex, more like 6-7/10 until broken in
- The highback has a non adjustable forward lean
Spring-loaded take offs and perfectly cushioned landings. The all-new Ultra utilizes the latest in Union’s manufacturing capabilities to redefine how a freestyle binding should ride.