Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
The Curated Take
The Mizuno T22 Series wedges are simply great. They come in four different grinds for all types of players (S, D, C, and X). All for different types of players and range from more forgiving to more workable around the green. Along with the different grind types the T22's have a multitude of different features. First, the grooves, Mizuno has implemented "Quad Cut Grooves" along with "Hydroflow Microgrooves". The Quad cut grooves are loft specific to help generate spin with each wedge. The Hydroflow microgrooves are made to help generate spin in wet conditions. The T22's also have a weighted blade to help with the consistency of the spin.
Pros: The T22's are amazing for full shots. It is so easy to generate spin, it feel effortless. This makes control distance super easy. You are able to work the ball exactly like you want. The same applies around the green. Chip shots are the wedges specialty. You can work the ball the perfect way for each shot. And getting spin is silly easy.
Cons: The T22's seem to struggle with the 'in-between" shots. When I say that I mean the half swings from odd yardages. I find it can be tough to get a good amount of spin at that range. It can also be hard to control the spin and speed when hitting a bump and run around the green.
- Great for Full Shots
- Easily Workable Around the Green
- Forgiving from Heel to Toe
- Hard to Generate Spin on In-between Shots
- Not Great for Bump and Run Shots
- Can be Hard to Stop the Ball on the In-between Shots
The Mizuno T22 Blue Ion Wedges are a must-have for any golfer looking to improve their short game. These wedges are softer than standard chrome, thanks to the copper underlay beneath the blue ion plating. The one-piece Grain Flow Forged HD Boron construction ensures a staggering feel and appearance that is unmatched in the market.
- FORGED IN HIROSHIMA JAPAN: These wedges are crafted at Mizuno's iconic facility in Hiroshima, Japan, where they have been producing irons since 1968.
- SOFT COPPER UNDERLAY: The microlayer of copper beneath Nickel Chrome provides an extra millisecond of control at impact.
- MODIFIED TEARDROP: The slightly more compact profile with an extensively bevelled top edge creates the appearance of a thinner edge.
- SPIN WEIGHTED BLADE DESIGN: By flaring or tapering the upper portion of the blade, these wedges create higher consistent spin and a more penetrating trajectory.
- WET WEATHER PERFORMANCE: Mizuno's HydroFlow Micro Grooves release moisture and reduce spin drop off for optimal performance even in wet conditions.