Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The 2023 P7MC irons from TaylorMade are by far the best addition that I have made to my golf bag in the past few years. I must admit that I am a bit of a TaylorMade fanboy, using a lot of their products over the years, but when it came to a new set of irons, I needed to pick the irons that would inspire confidence in my game. After testing irons from a plethora of brands, all forged muscle cavity irons, the P7MC's won out. I am a low handicap player that loves being able to flight the ball in a variety of ways or work the ball in either direction depending on what any given shot is demanding and I have found that to be quite easy with these irons. Part of the reason that I have such high confidence in working these irons is I know exactly what I am going to feel and how the ball is going to react if I make a good swing. And what I experienced compared to some other players irons is that on the bad swings I made that I didn't strike it out of the middle I found them to be more forgiving than many others, which I believe is partially to do with the micro grooves on the toe of the club. If you are a more advanced player looking to get into a new set of irons, these should definitely be on the shortlist.
- Incredible feel and feedback
- Easily workable both ways
- Compact look at address is gorgeous
- Not for the high handicap golfer
- Lacks forgiveness on mishits
The TaylorMade P7•MC Irons are designed with direct input from Tour professionals, resulting in a set of irons that deliver exceptional performance and precision. The irons feature a tour-inspired shaping with a thin topline and progressive offset for a clean look at address. The narrow sole and tight leading edge ensure consistency through the turf, while the muscle cavity provides added forgiveness. Made from 1025 carbon steel forged using a 2,000-ton press, these irons have a tighter, more compact grain structure for an incredibly solid and consistent feel. Precision is paramount with the machined face and grooves featuring aggressive score line geometry for exacting shot making.
- Tour-Inspired Shaping: Thin topline and progressive offset provide a clean look at address.
- Muscle Cavity Performance: Meticulously scrutinized angles meet performance demands of ball strikers while providing added forgiveness.
- Compact Grain Forging: 1025 carbon steel forged using 2,000-ton press ensures tighter, more compact grain structure for solid feel.
- Machined Face and Grooves: Precision machining delivers quality with aggressive score line geometry for exacting shot making.