The Curated Take
These are tour irons in the truest sense of the word. They are a modern take on classic blades that have everything a quality ball striker is looking for, thin topline, minimal offset, and a small overall profile. With 8 PGA tour pros carrying these irons in their bag there can be no question as to the quality of these irons. For players irons these do offer a little forgiveness as Taylormade has moved the weighting around on the back of the club to provide a more centralized center of gravity, however this forgiveness is still minimal.
Overall, while testing these I was very impressed with these irons, as stated before they do feel great and look even better. These are a top of the line option that Taylormade has come out with and I personally think they will be in the running for best players iron for a while.
- These irons are for tour level ball strikers who want the most workable and best feeling irons available
- Some of the best feeling irons available, ideal for the golf traditionalist
- For golfers who are looking to control every aspect of their golf shots with the utmost precision
- These are not a forgiving option and players who struggle with ball striking will suffer on the course with these
- The overall profile of these is very small behind the ball so some players may not be very confident behind the ball
- Traditional lofts means that most players will see a decrease in distance
The TaylorMade P7•MB Irons are the perfect choice for golfers who demand precision and consistency in their game. These irons are designed with insights from the world's best players, resulting in a tour-inspired shape that features a thin topline, progressive offset, and narrow sole. The compact grain forging of 1025 carbon steel ensures a tighter, more compact grain structure that provides the most solid and consistent feel possible. Precision is paramount with these irons as they feature machined face and grooves for exacting shot making. The faceted muscle back geometry seamlessly blends traditional muscle back iron performance with a contemporary look and design.
- Tour-inspired shape featuring thin topline, progressive offset, and narrow sole
- Compact grain forging of 1025 carbon steel for solid and consistent feel
- Machined face and grooves for precise shot making
- Faceted muscle back geometry blends traditional performance with contemporary design