Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel 9"
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a knife expert a question about this product
- What is the difference between western and Japanese knives?
- Why does tang matter?
- What are the must-have knives for any kitchen?
- What does the Rockwell Hardness scale tell you about knvies?
- How often do I need to sharpen my knives?
- Ask your own question
Product Information With each use of your knife, the razor-sharp edge naturally bends over just a tiny bit. The edge is still sharp, but the sharpest part isn't making contact with the food. The answer is honing with the Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel. It gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging the knife's sharpness. The Shun Kanso Combination Honing Steel has two surfaces: a smooth one for weekly honing, and a micro-ribbed one for monthly honing. How often you hone depends on your usage, of course.
- Honing helps maintain your knife's sharpness longer
- Two honing surfaces, one for weekly use and one for monthly honing, depending on usage
- Sturdy stainless steel construction
- Pakkawood® handle, beautifully finished to match the Kanso series; durable, moisture resistant
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations