Shun Kanso Utility Knife 6"
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a knife expert a question about this product
- Can you show me a more premium option?
- What is this knife used for?
- How does this compare to other brands?
- Can you show me a cheaper option?
- What is the difference between utility and paring knives?
- Ask your own question
Product Information The Shun Kanso Utility is between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size, but with a narrower, straighter blade. It's perfect for tasks where precise cuts are needed, such as trimming green beans or other small vegetables. Its slightly curved belly enables it to do moderate rocking cuts, too. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables, such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- A multi-purpose knife, between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size, perfect for precision cuts
- AUS10A blade; additional vanadium refines the stainless steel, enabling a razor-sharp 16° edge, each side; high-carbon content offers strength, corrosion and wear resistance, high hardness
- Tagayasan (or wenge) wood handle; beautiful, extremely hard, and dense, it is known as “iron sword wood”; contoured for secure grip
- Full-tang construction for durability and precision balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this knife, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations