The Curated Take
The Callaway Utility Wood (UW) is a great club for the player who likes to control their trajectory and work the ball in either direction. While it sits larger than a hybrid it is not as big as a fairway wood. For the person who struggles hitting higher lofted fairway woods too high and may hit hybrid too much left, this is a great option. The weighting is very neutral yet the club is very easy to hit.
When I bought the UW I was looking for a club that would go longer than my current hybrid and be more workable. The 17* does exactly what I need it to distance wise but still launches high enough to hold a green. My miss has always been a pull hook but with this club I feel confident I can hit the shot I need to when I want to. The UW has exceeded my expectations, it has quickly become one of my favorite an most reliable clubs in the bag.
- This wood is great for the person who hits fairway woods too high
- This wood is great for the player who struggles with Hybrids
- This wood is a versatile club that is very workable
- The UW is designed to be workable and will not help correct a slice
The Callaway Apex Utility Wood is designed for the player who wants the best features of a higher-lofted fairway wood and a hybrid combined into one club. This combination provides a more neutral ball flight.
- Distinct Clubhead Shape – The shape is inspired by Tour players and combines the best of a hybrid and a fairway wood. Length is set between a hybrid and a wood, to enhance control.
- High Velocity Ball Speeds – Internal tungsten weighting and Jailbreak technology behind the face provide for higher ball speeds. This provides more distance with a higher launch and steeper landing angle.
- AI Designed – Designed using Callaway´s artificial intelligence computer to optimize performance. This provides more ball speed, better MOI and more forgiveness.