Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I have done A Lot of testing with this hybrid and have tried many settings, weight combos and shafts. The aerojet hybrid takes the LTDx hybrid up another notch and making it an amazingly powerful and preforming hybrid head. However if you order it with the stock KBS PGI shaft it may make you rethink the decision. Cobra went heavy with the KBS line this year, and while I personally love the KBS Shaft line and have played them for years this is not the set up.
I have a high swing and ball speed and still struggled to launch these hybrids, after trying each flex in this profile and all the weights that can be placed low and deep on the head still not to happy with the results. From there I then swapped over to a UST Recoil shaft in all flex and all of a sudden this thing became a MONSTER! Launch and spin numbers got right up to where they should be and made the carry and total distances reflect that! That UST Shaft can be swapped all the way up to an X-Stiff flex so it makes it one that can make this hybrid something special. They also offer this in the one-length option and will have an all black colorway to it.
- Players who want a smaller profile hybrid
- Players looking for a fairway wood replacement
- Players looking for a distance hybrid
- Players who buy this stock and need help with spin rate and launch
The Cobra Aerojet Hybrid is the perfect blend of distance and high launch, providing more forgiveness on longer approach shots. With its innovative PWR-BRIDGE WEIGHTING design, this hybrid offers unrestricted flexibility of the face and sole, positioning the CG low and forward to unleash faster ball speed. The forged PWRSHELL FACE INSERT delivers more flexibility across a larger area of the face for faster ball speed and higher launch. Additionally, this hybrid features H.O.T FACE TECHNOLOGY that uses artificial intelligence to create a variable thickness pattern that delivers more efficient speed and spin across the face.
- PWR-BRIDGE WEIGHTING design enables unrestricted flexibility of the face and sole
- Forged PWRSHELL FACE INSERT delivers more flexibility for faster ball speed and higher launch
- H.O.T FACE TECHNOLOGY creates a variable thickness pattern for efficient speed and spin across the face