Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Paradym irons are a top choice in the players' distance iron category. They look nice, with minimal offset, compact head, and moderate-sized top line. The badge on the back sets it apart with some gold accents and an attractive blue color. It's not the cleanest look, but really nice. The forged face with Callaway's urethane microspheres provides a very soft feel, with mishits not overly punishing on the hands. Sound for me is hard to evaluate, but I will say they didn't sound too loud or "clicky." The performance was typical of today's player's distance irons. They are strongly lofted, with the 7 iron I tested coming in at 29 degrees. The tungsten weighting in the club provides excellent launch, which is important because the spin rates were on the low side. The face was designed with AI computers' aid and provides consistent ball speed and spin rates across the face. Callaway's speed frame construction seems to be the driving force behind fast ball speed. The stock shaft is the True Temper Elevate 95 MPH steel shaft. I tried the irons with the stiff flex version. It was a lighter shaft than my gamers, but I actually really liked it. Felt connected and not too head-heavy when swinging. The heads, for me, were on the small side in my experience, but once I started swinging, I quickly stopped worrying about that. I really enjoyed hitting these clubs and would recommend them.
- Great launch and long distance
- Forgiving for a players distance iron
- The feel was quite soft but felt powerul, too
- The heads looked on the smaller side to me, which might not instill confidence
The Callaway Paradym Single Iron is the perfect choice for golfers who want a players’ distance iron with a refined shape and premium forging. With industry-leading A.I. face technology applied to a high-strength Forged 455 face, this iron delivers exceptional ball speed, higher launch, and increased spin consistency. The all-new Hollow Body design features Speed Frame construction for added stiffness to the body and support for the high-strength Forged 455 Face Cup. This unique construction stabilizes a thinner face for incredibly fast ball speeds.
- Industry-leading A.I. face technology applied to a high-strength Forged 455 face creates our most powerful forged iron face ever.
- The all-new Hollow Body design features Speed Frame construction for added stiffness to the body and support for the high-strength Forged 455 Face Cup.
- Patented Urethane Microspheres deliver an ultra-soft feel and premium sound that discerning players demand.
- Up to 67g of external and internal tungsten weights are placed precisely to enhance launch conditions and improve speed on mis-hits.
- Refined players shaping with pre-worn leading edge designed to cut through turf more efficiently for even more forgiveness.