Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
I took the Mizuno S23 56-degree wedge in an S Grind to my local course to get an idea of how it performs around the greens and on full shots. It was my first time testing out a Mizuno wedge, so I was excited to see what they can do.
My first impressions of the Mizuno S23 wedge were that it had a tremendously soft feel across the entire face. I tend to strike the ball a little bit more towards the toe and didn't notice any excessively firmer feeling shots. Both chip shots and full shots felt outstanding. Mizuno is well-known for their soft-feeling forged clubs, so it's no surprise to me that the wedges fall right in line with how their irons feel. At address, the compact player's blade sits nicely behind the ball, and I believe the shaping will appeal to a wide range of players. Not to mention the Copper finish has a really unique look to it.
As for the spin, I wasn't blown away by what I found around the greens. When comparing these to the Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore or the Callaway Jaws Raw, I was getting noticeably more spin with those wedges. The spin did ramp up a little bit more on full shots on the range, getting some to stop very quickly. Ultimately, I was expecting to see more spin than I did.
In conclusion, I believe the S23 wedges would be a great option for a low to mid-handicap player looking for a soft-feeling wedge.
- Fantastic soft feel on chips and full shots.
- Design and shaping are in-line with other blade wedges.
- Enjoyed the sound on contact - nice and crisp.
- Found the spin to be minimal or average compared to other blade wedges.
The Mizuno S23 Copper Cobalt Wedges are the perfect combination of precision and performance. These wedges are engineered for extreme backspin, making them ideal for players who want to take their game to the next level. With a shorter hosel and heel-oriented cavity, these wedges allow greater mass pushed towards the toe and a centered sweet spot. This contributes to longer impact time, less head deflection, and higher spin from both full and partial shots. The unmistakable feel of a Mizuno one-piece Grain Flow Forging ensures that you'll have complete control over your shots.
- Extreme Backspin: The S23 is comprehensively engineered for extreme backspin, making it perfect for players who want maximum control over their shots.
- Toe-Weighted Design: A shorter hosel and heel-oriented cavity allow greater mass pushed towards the toe, resulting in a centered sweet spot that contributes to longer impact time, less head deflection, and higher spin from both full and partial shots.
- Mizuno One-Piece Grain Flow Forging: The unmistakable feel of a Mizuno one-piece Grain Flow Forging ensures that you'll have complete control over your shots.
- Precision Playing Profile: The S23 combines the precision playing profile of a player's bladed wedge with the aggressive performance of a toe-weighted design.
- Centered Sweet Spot: With its centered sweet spot located heel-side in conventional wedges, this wedge delivers consistent results shot after shot.