Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
This product is good for just about anyone at any playing level. Low handicaps will enjoy the craftsmanship and feel of the forging. Mid handicappers will enjoy its stable feel at impact providing that forgiveness.
The cavity back technology of this wedge makes it look different yet it works and feels like a classic blade wedge. The stand out performance feature is that it is forgiving. Many wedges feel hard, clicky, and punishing. This felt softer and the ball flight seemed repeatable and predictable, which is great! The cavity in the back does look unique to wedges but it feels as if it is working allowing you to be slightly off at impact and yet getting a straight and high ball flight with soft feel.
The S23 wedge did its job well. While not standing out as a super spinner, it is a solid performer with full shots stopping well from high decent angles. Chip shots also did not stand out as extra high spin but executed fine.
It doesn't have the loft and bounce stamped on the sole but is labeled on back of club. The Copper Cobalt model tested also does not have a face that shows much contrast from the grooves and the toe which is preferable to reduce glare but not as effective at framing the ball.
Overall, many types of players at various skill levels will be pleased with this wedge.
- Best for anyone needing a full bounce attack wedge.
- Best for people who enjoy soft feel with feedback as well.
- Copper Cobalt model tested and looks gorgeous while diminishing glare.
- No loft or bounce numbers on sole making it hard to identify in bag.
- Some may want more various grind and bounce options.
- Not the highest backspin.
The Mizuno S23 Satin Chrome Wedges are the perfect combination of precision and performance. These wedges are engineered to provide extreme backspin, making them ideal for players who want to take their game to the next level. With a shorter hosel and heel-oriented cavity, these wedges allow for greater mass pushed towards the toe and a centered sweet spot. This results in longer impact time, less head deflection, and higher spin from both full and partial shots. The one-piece Grain Flow Forging ensures that you get the unmistakable feel of a Mizuno wedge.
- Extreme Backspin: The S23 is comprehensively engineered for extreme backspin, making it perfect for players who want to take their game to the next level.
- Toe-Weighted Design: The aggressive performance of a toe-weighted design provides precision and playing profile of a player's bladed wedge.
- Centered Sweet Spot: A shorter hosel and heel-oriented cavity allow greater mass pushed towards the toe resulting in a centered sweet spot contributing to longer impact time, less head deflection, and higher spin from both full and partial shots.
- One-Piece Grain Flow Forging: Delivered with an unmistakable feel of Mizuno's one-piece Grain Flow Forging technology that ensures superior quality.
- Satin Chrome Finish: The satin chrome finish gives these wedges an elegant look while also providing durability.