Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
This club is fantastic for players seeking lots of forgiveness in a clean and classic gloss black head. Mizuno’s ST-Z 230 provides high launch and a high and consistent level of forgiveness. For those seeking high descent angles to land and stick on greens, this club will set you up for success. Not the easiest to work both left and right as this is more geared to straight point and shoot. A real benefit with this hybrid is its Quick Switch hosel which allows you to change loft by a range of 4 degrees and even lie angle. At impact you hear a slight high pitch but confident smack. This club offers the player confidence in consistency. That's rare and very valuable. Visuals are important to most players and the crown at address is sleek and refined in its high gloss black. The bottom of the club is a contrast to the crown in the looks. The sole shows off the very cool looking CoreTech with the high contrast blue. Having a classic looking hybrid and simultaneously a modern and technologically advanced looking club with real benefits is a plus. The head cover is a retro looking simple white with multiple shades of blue colorway. Mizuno has really developed a strong and forgiving performer that will meet the needs of many amateur golfers.
- Best for people wanting High Forgiveness
- Best for people wanting High Launch
- Best for people wanting clean aesthetics
- Not for low and boring trajectory.
- Not for players seeking a small head due to slightly larger footprint.
- Not for players wanting to shape ball flight precisely from left to right
The Mizuno ST-Z 230 Hybrid is a game-changing club that will take your golfing experience to the next level. With its innovative CORTECH Chamber technology, this hybrid club encases a 3-gram stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU, which reduces stress on the clubface and creates an additional source of energy. This results in a more solid and powerful impact, while also reducing spin rates. The Waffle crown and thick sole weight are engineered to create a low sweet spot and deep center of gravity for high stable launch and efficient spin rates. The high energy MAS1C steel face has been reworked with a new multi-thickness design made possible through the face support of Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber.
- CORTECH Chamber technology encases a 3-gram stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU for reduced stress on the clubface and increased energy transfer
- Waffle crown and thick sole weight create low sweet spot and deep center of gravity for high stable launch
- High energy MAS1C steel face has been reworked with new multi-thickness design for improved performance
- Quick Switch Hosel Mechanism allows for 4 degrees of adjustability to customize your shot shape