Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Encore is a staple when it comes to home brewing and the large part of that is the longevity of the machine. It has an all plastic housing unit but the build of the grinder is very solid. The power switch on the side looks delicate but it will definitely hold up the rest of time. The burrs are very easy to get to when it’s time to clean. It has many different options when it comes to selecting a grind setting for various brew methods. This grinder is great for someone who is starting out and wants a quality, reliable grind that doesn’t break the bank. It’s also ideal for someone who likes to use different brew methods (I.e. Aeropress, pour over, French press, etc.). This isn’t ideal if you’re looking for an espresso grinder. It does have the ability to grind fine enough for espresso but only really works if you have very good pressurized baskets. I wouldn’t look to this model for your espresso needs, instead I’d go with the new ESP Encore. All in all, this is a tried and true grinder and there is a reason it’s still on my bar!
- Getting to the burrs is very simple.
- Although it’s plastic, the build is very solid.
- There are many different grind setting for a variety of brew methods.
- Can be a louder compared to new grinders.
- Sometimes it will retain more coffee than the previous grind, causing inconsistent dosing.
- Does take longer when grinding finer.
The Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder is the perfect entry-level grinder for coffee enthusiasts who want to elevate their coffee experience. With its consistent grinds, this grinder can handle any brew method from espresso to French Press. The straightforward controls make it easy to use every day, and the precision conical burrs ensure that you get quality ground coffee every time. With 40 individual grind settings, you can explore new coffee flavors and find the perfect grind size for all brewing methods.
- Consistent Grinds: The Baratza Encore delivers consistent grinds for all brew methods from espresso to French Press.
- 40 Individual Grind Settings: With 40 individual grind settings, you can find the perfect grind size for all brewing methods.
- Easy-to-use Controls: The straightforward controls make it easy to use every day.
- Large Hopper Capacity: The hopper can hold up to 8 ounces of whole beans.
- Precision Conical Burrs: The precision conical burrs ensure that you get quality ground coffee every time.