The Curated Take
The tube from blackstrap is going to have a wide array of candidacy in its potential use. I would say this addition to your outerwear could work from the creek to the highest of peaks. Being such a breathable and durable fabric, it is consistently going to be a go-to grab when you are heading out into the elements. Where the tube is going to shine is in the wind, blocking out snow from getting into your coat on the deepest of days in the white room, and on the coldest of cold days where exposed skin isn't an option. My doubts were that I would soak out the material and it would freeze, leaving me better off without it, but being an almost wetsuit-like material, the tube stayed warm and protective even when it became a bit damp. The toughest of tests for this product was a frigid temperature day of -30 degrees in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Days like this temperature regulations trump all and the tube kept me warm, while still being breathable when crushing miles uphill on my splitboard. You won't catch me out there without it, and for the money, this is an outstanding addition to maximize the fun you should be having out there.
- wind break - relief from wind in a sensitive area.
- keeping the elements out of jacket, neck and face.
- staying as dry and warm as possible when things get deep, windy or just down right frigid
- over many layers, this can restrict head movement and mobility
- potential goggle fog from exhales being redirected
- potential acne or getting caught in a freshly shaved beard. keep it clean and brush those teeth to not get the funk buildup from breath.
VERSATILE NECK WARMER TO PROTECT AGAINST THE ELEMENTS.
The Dual Layer Tube is our Swiss Army Knife for face protection. No matter what the weather throws at your face, The Dual Layer tube will have you covered. Mindfully constructed with TREO fabric technology allowing for optimal airflow and thermal regulation. Featuring a seamless PERFA dual-layer mesh liner for added warmth without compromising breathability ensuring that you stay warm and comfortable in even the most extreme environments. Don’t leave home without it.
- One size fits most adults.
- TREO fabric technology is freeze-resistant and highly Abrasion-Resistant with a Soft-Touch next-to-skin feel.
- Wind-rated PERFA dual-layer lining.
- Breathable, 4-Way Stretch, Dri-Flo (moisture-wicking), Quick-Dry, Dual-Layer, Thermal-Regulation, Helmet Friendly, Odor-Free, Lens-Safe, SpectraUV (UPF 50+), Finish Seams.
- Machine washer/dryer friendly.
- Dimensions: (approx.) 16 (L) x 10 (W) inches.