Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The K2 Standard is the ideal snowboard for any rider looking for a snowboard to help with their progression. From learning new tricks in the park to building confidence linking turns, the forgiving profile creates a snowboard that can be ridden by any level rider. For those experienced riders, this board will help progress your presses and butters while intermediate riders can learn to feel confident with those maneuvers and still have a solid snowboard they know will perform well. The flat rock out profile is perfect for freestyle riding too!
- With a softer flex, the K2 Standard is a very playful snowboard that is easy to press, butter and flex on.
- A flat out rocker profile is one of the easier shapes to initiate turns on. This board floats edge to edge effortlessly.
- For a beginner board, the quality of the Standard will outlast most of the competitors.
- The flat out rocker profile can feel a bit loose riding at higher speeds.
- Without camber the K2 Standard rides more flat and rocks easily back and forth vs locking in on the edges and riding through the rail.
- Designed to be an approachable snowboard, the Standard is more designed for beginner riders or any experienced rider looking for a softer flex.
Looking for the right avenue to build confidence on the hill? The Standard is your secret weapon to developing your skills. Engineered for new riders, built upon a directional twin shape, and kitted up with a Catch-Free™ Tune, the Standard will have you riding regular and switch with the best of em’.
Outfitted with a Rocker Profile (flat between the bindings, and rockered just outside the bindings) the Standard delivers ultra-smooth turn initiation and easy edge release. This buttery feel means fewer falls, more time on hill and faster progression.
The Standard’s core is built from sustainably harvested Aspen, giving it a forgiving flex that allows it to remain playful for popping ollies or hitting your first jumps. Biaxially woven fiberglass hugs the Aspen core, giving the board the edge hold it needs to handle higher speed as you progress and explore new terrain.
Whether it’s your first day on the hill, or you’re working up to black diamonds, the all-mountain K2 Standard is the premier beginner snowboard that will give the confidence to keep coming back for more.