Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
This board is for the intermediate-expert rider who wants to make the most out of every run. For all-mountain riding, it slashes and cuts on a dime. With the flat-to-rocker profile, it allows you to get creative and doesn't punish you if you make a mistake or land slightly off balance. This also helps with flat ground tricks, although the carbon hot rods make the middle of the board stiffer than the tip and tail, so it will take a little extra effort to flex. I wouldn't say it's the easiest board for flat ground, but it just takes a little practice to find the sweet spot. With the sintered base, it wants to go fast and can hold up surprisingly well at speed due to the carbon hot rods. I'm able to lay out some really clean carves. As great as it is all-mountain, the park is where this board really shines. For boxes and rails, the flat base really locks into presses and allows extra contact so you feel stable. It's not the easiest board to jump; you really need to have a strong ollie since the profile doesn't provide any natural pop. For small and medium jumps, it does well, but it can be tricky landing larger jumps, and easily slides out if you land off balance. This board is perfect for a looser, less technical rider who wants to get creative in and out of the park without getting punished if they mess up.
- Flexible and agile. An absolute blast for side hits and natural features
- Flat base makes jibbing a breeze. Great for getting into park riding especially rails and boxes.
- The flat base takes a lot of the natural pop away. Jumping requires more of a skate-pop and ollie skills
- Not the most stable board. Medium-Large jumps require good technique as its easy to slide out
- High speed is doable but the lack of camber limits the comfortable top speed compared to a camber/rocker-camber hybrid
- Even with the rise on the tips it does not have great float in powder
The Party Mod is the perfect cocktail of pressability, responsiveness and all-mountain revelry. With the buttery smooth versatility of our Contact Rocker camber profile and the lively response of Carbon HotRods, the Party Mod is an easy choice for riders who want to light a fire in the park and burn the whole mountain down. New this season, the Party Mod also features our all-new Flax Impact Plates for additional impact absorption and increased durability.