Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The 2024 Faction Prodigy 1.0 was super fun in the park, on groomers and hard packed snow, even got a chance to test it out in the powder - not quite for the powder since its 88mm underfoot. Holds its edge well on packed snow and carving groomers, if you're looking to get into freestyle, this is your all-mountain twin tip recommended for beginner to advanced skiers with a nod to the freestyle community. If you are an expert skier or a more aggressive freestyle skier and want something easy to spin and swap with on rails, hit a future spin on the prodigy 1.0’s! Nimble in the harder bump fields and quick edge to edge with 2.5mm xl steel edging allows for a bit more durability than previous models.
- Directional Twin tip design allows for ease of spinning and skiing switch
- Camber underfoot and a relatively firm flex rating provides a solid blend of playfulness and pop
- Prodigy 1 holds up well at higher speeds and holds its edge with authority when carving
- Too narrow for skiing powder or getting into fresh snow, I sank in more than 6" of fresh snow
- Edging in nose and tail is not fully wrapped, edging may come out of sidewall after heavy use
- Do not use in backcountry, more of a downhill focus around freestyle skiing
Prodigy 1 mirrors the shape of the best-selling Prodigy 2, including our award-winning Elliptical Sidecut design and a Full Strength Sidewall for top-notch edge hold. It’s designed to withstand heavy hits in the park: the poplar core is bolstered by the inclusion of burly ash wood; Anti-Chip Micro-Cap construction protects against dings; and the XL 2.5mm Edges are ~20% thicker than industry average.